Our small team of tunnel ventilation experts have extensive experience designing European tunnels to PIARC standards.
Our tunnel ventilation team can provide advice for amenity and fire emergency ventilation, including:
- Sizing tunnel cross sections and entries,
- Sizing and positioning ventilation systems,
- Accommodating different locations of fires within tunnels, and
- Accommodating and working with wind pressures and gradients,
- Creating beneficial acoustic and energy outcomes.
We are able to simulate the optimal ventilation design during a tunnel fire by utilising a smoke exhaust model similar to the image above.
Alongside the smoke exhaust model, we can produce a temperature slice of how heat will travel within the tunnel.